Sunday 6 October 2019

Game Brainstorm

I haven't played many games so coming up with ideas was a little difficult but based off some games I know or have played,some game ideas I had are:

Survival Horror:
A survival horror game sounds like it would be an interesting game to create. When I think of a survival horror, I think of Corpse Party. I really like the style of the game and would attempt to create something with a similar style to it. The idea I had was to have character(s) trapped in an abandoned house that turns out to be haunted and they would have to collect items and/or hints to help escape while they try avoid/fight off ghosts or some other supernatural creatures in the house. There would be multiple rooms to explore to find whatever the character(s) is searching for.

Jimmy Vegas has a series on how to create a survival horror in Unity which I could follow as a guide to help me create my own.

Platformer:
The main platformer game I'm familiar with and everyone else is too is Mario. Mario is one of the main games I enjoyed playing growing up so I feel like I'd really enjoy actually creating a platformer game. The idea was that the character would be a student and each level could have a different goal like trying to skip class or they're late and try to sneak into class without getting in trouble and the "goombas" of this game would be school staff, the goal being to successfully achieve whatever the quest of the level is without getting caught and avoiding the staff e.g. a teacher.


Puzzle Game?:
I'm not really sure which genre of game this falls under but here's another game idea:
I find things to do with mystery and crime really interesting so creating a game based off those would be really cool. The game could be based around a detective trying to solve a case and he would have to go to crime scenes and other places to collect clues and evidence that eventually leads him to the criminal who committed the crime. The goal of the game would be to solve the case with the evidence you gather throughout the game.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Amanda,
    I like the idea/ approach that you are going for because I am also a fan of the Mario type games but I was wondering for your brainstorm are you trying to go for a 3D version or 2D version of Mario because it can go both ways.

    ReplyDelete