Thursday 13 February 2020

Unity Tutorial 02

(Image of Unity)

This semester we were given the option of picking between developing projects with code and trying VR in unity. I decided to go with the 1st option of creating with code. Instead of watching and following along with Jimmy Vegas, I was following Unity's official tutorials.

These tutorials were very simple and went over things step by step in very short videos making it really easy to follow along. There was also a short summary written under the video which explained what to do incase you didn't want to watch the full thing.
Jimmy Vegas also did a good job at explaining but I felt like his tutorials were very long and slow compared to these Unity ones.

I learnt some cool new basic tricks that I didn't know before and just overall felt like I learnt a lot more from these tutorials than the Jimmy Vegas ones. I made a vehicle
collide into obstacles using code which was really cool. While doing these tutorials, I did struggle sometimes but eventually got everything to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment