Thursday 7 November 2019

Unity Tutorial 06

(Source of image)

In today's blog, we're going through some more Jimmy Vegas' Unity tutorials. In these videos, he talked about creating a skybox, wind zones, lighting, fade screens, picking up weapons, fixing bugs in your game and add more to environments such as a house.

In the first video, he explained how skyboxes and wind zones worked and it was pretty easy to follow along and do it yourself. There was a big variety of skyboxes available so I have a lot of choice for when I go on to create my own game which I think is very good as I'll have lots of different styles I can try out to see what suits best for my game. Along with having pre-made skyboxes, you can mess around with the settings and keep the style but change the lighting or the colour to whatever you like best, giving you a lot more freedom when creating your game. Adding wind into the scene was really easy and a really nice addition as it made the game look a lot more realistic. Once again, it was simple and fun being able to mess around with the settings to find what gave your game the right feel.

The second video he talked about fade screens and how to pick up weapons rather than starting off with them. This tutorial might be useful for my game but I'm not sure if I'll have weapons in it but it was still handy to know how to do this just incase. I still need to get the hang of script but hopefully I will with more practice. As for the fade screens, those would definitely be something I would like to include into my game as it would be a nice transition into the game. 

The third video talked about and went through fixing bugs in your game, along with teaching me how to do a fade out screen and how to add more things to an environment. Some of these things will definitely be useful when I'm making my game.

Overall these tutorials were very helpful and taught me a lot of things that I could potentially add in my own game.

No comments:

Post a Comment