Thursday 21 November 2019

Review Week: Comments and Feedback


The majority of comments I've been getting from other students have been positive and very helpful. I found the comments on my game process most beneficiall. I thought there would be more criticism on my game but it was the complete opposite. Getting comments off others gave me a chance to see my game ideas from someone else's perspective and not just my own. They gave me points on how to improve or ideas on things I could add that I may have not thought of myself.

I didn't really write many feedback comments on other people's blogs,  I wouldn't know what to write or how to give people points on improvement for their game process. Everyone seemed to have a good idea of what they wanted to do with their games so I wouldn't know how to add or improve on them.

I know the main point of the blog comments was to connect with others and get to know them but  I still felt a little awkward writing comments. However, on the few blogs that I have left comments, it was interesting getting to know people through their blogs and to see how others were getting along with their games. I did struggle thinking of what to say and  not ending up repeating myself on some of the blogs but it was still an interesting experience.

For my introduction blog, I never really know what to say about myself so I don't think it was that interesting and I probably could've thought of a better way to write it. I felt like it was really basic compared to other people's introductions. However, having an introduction blog was nice and really helped getting to know people. I didn't think I would, but I enjoyed blogging and seeing people's comments.

In the future, I would definitely try to comment more on other people's blogs and work on giving better feedback on their ideas. I would also put more effort into the appearance of my blog.

1 comment:

  1. Well a good day to you Amanda!!!

    I must say that I have enjoyed reading your reflection on your opinions on the concepts of feedback and comments of giving and receiving feedback. I am glad that you have found a lot of the feedback that you have received from other bloggers and fellow colleagues and I am glad that you have in the process. In terms of you giving feedback I can understand that it may be difficult for some to make comments and I understand you fully (I am in that same process myself but I try my best to still give positivity to everyone) but if I can be honest with you, you shouldn’t be afraid as whatever you write or talk about that just know that you are making a good feeling to someone with your own unique writing style and your feedback that while you may feel that you might not be positive there is always something that has a part of positivity in every comment. All in all I think that you have made a strong effort with everything that you have done so far and I look forward to what you will make next.

    Cheerio!!!
    -Sam

    ReplyDelete