Wednesday 25 September 2019

Workshop 1

(Source for image of traffic lights)
The traffic light exercise was a very familiar concept as everyone has a fair idea of how a traffic lights work, but surprisingly it was a lot harder than expected. For the exercise, the tasks we were asked and were given to work with sounded really simple but I struggled a lot trying to put what I knew into words. Even though I knew how the traffic light worked, I assumed it couldn't be that easy and there was some more complex answer to it which made things a lot harder since I ended up over thinking it too much to come up with a proper answer.

Working in a group was fine, it was nice to get everyone else's input on the task given but it was also amusing seeing everyone else just as lost and confused. It was reassuring knowing I wasn't the only one who didn't really know how to word my thoughts well or draw out a flowchart for it.

The exercise just showed how even the most simplest of tasks can actually be really difficult which kind of has me worried for when we start looking at actual difficult tasks, I feel like I'll struggle even more trying to put things down on paper/text. Even now, I'm struggling to write out a reflection on what was done. Hopefully, that'll change though and it'll get easier to write these blogs as I get more used to them. It's an interesting concept though, I've never written a blog so it'll be nice to see how I get on with writing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment