Friday 27 September 2019

Introduction


Hey, I'm Amanda and this is a little bit about me. I'm 18, from Lithuania but lived in Ireland most my life, I chose CDM because I enjoyed things like photography and art as hobbies but I wanted to learn more about those things and work on them.

My favourite module from last semester would be the photography, as I said before, I liked photography as a hobby and taking pictures of random things I thought looked nice but actually using a proper camera and not my phone was really fun. I enjoyed learning how to use one and working in a studio.

My greatest accomplishment from last year would probably be getting through the year, even though I had to do repeats, I'm still proud I managed to pass everything.

My goals for this module would be to learn new skills, get the hang of game design and just overall, to do well in the module.

I don't really read that much so I don't really have a favourite book, I watch more TV shows and movies so a favourite would be a show called Brooklyn Nine-Nine.
I like most genres of music. Although I'm pretty late getting into this band, I've recently really gotten into Arctic Monkeys.

Some of the goals for the future are pretty basic like get my drivers license,move out,graduate,etc. I don't really have anything too specific I want to work towards just yet so I'm just going to see where things take me I guess.

I don't have any pets ): But I really want to get a dog(s) so I guess I could add that to my list of future goals.


7 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda
    I found this post to be a interesting read. Getting through last year was hard enough and as I say getting through last year was everyone's biggest accomplishment. You seem to have goals a lot of people have like moving out and getting your driving license. These are all good things to strive for and I hope you are to achieve them.
    good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heya Amanda!
    Brooklyn 99 is acc a lit show, can't lie. and Arctic Monkeys are great too!
    Yah, you gotta save up a lot for a driver's license, insurance prices for ppl our age are ridiculous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amanda, Brooklyn 99 is great. Getting through the year in one try is doing better than I did, I took a photo of a goose last year and that was pretty lit. You should definitely get a dog, I had one until recently and he was a real one, a true gangster if there ever was one.Good luck with your license, I should probably work on getting one as well

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Amanda,
    I was just browsing by the different types of blogs and I found yours. I think that this is very interesting because I did not know this about you and it seems very comforting that you are able to open up publicly to the blog and for that I admire you for it. I would also just like to add that even though you do not have a dog ;o I have a few in the family take your pick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Amanda,

    Fair play on sticking with the course. This is my fourth (and final hopefully) attempt at college. Some were more successful than others, and I really wish I had applied myself to those other courses. This course has a diverse enough selection of modules that you can definitely find a route that suits you. You have a great creative flair, so it's a path that suits you!

    Arctic Monkeys are lit.

    "Love your hair, hope you win."

    - Ultan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Amanda,
    I really enjoyed reading your blog I did not know you were 18 you must be one of the youngest in the year which is really interesting I also really like Brooklyn-nine-nine but who doesn't its a really good show glad that you are enjoying the course anyway I will leave it there hope to read more from you soon.
    -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Amanda,

    I didn't know you were from Lithuania! I'm in a similar position as you- I'm from Germany but have lived here most of my life. Passing the year is definitely a great achievement and I'm hoping for the same for this year since I'm struggling with some modules.Im glad you're enjoying the course and you like the content in the course and I'm wishing you all the best!

    -Kay

    ReplyDelete